A Tropical Haven with Modern Comforts
Puerto Rico offers a quality of life similar to the mainland United States, but with the added benefit of a breathtaking tropical island landscape, year-round sunshine, a wealth of outdoor adventures and aquatic activities, rich cultural experiences, diverse dining and entertainment options, and an opulent resort lifestyle.
Did You Know?
Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory which allows for easy travel to and from the mainland without a passport. In addition, the island utilizes U.S. currency and the majority of people are bilingual. With an average temperature of 82ºF and gentle easterly trade winds, it is truly a tropical paradise like no other.
Facts About Puerto Rico
- Cable and satellite TV with major U.S. stations
- Reliable postal service as on the mainland
- Convenience of major couriers such as FedEx, DHL, and UPS
- Telephone network integrated with the U.S.
- Electricity and running water available island-wide
- Paved roads and well-developed infrastructure
- U.S. healthcare with more than 90 hospitals
- English speaking schools, Pre-K through 12th grade
- Public and private schools with high academic standards
- Major pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS
- Two official languages: English and Spanish
- The U.S. dollar is the official currency on the island
Puerto Rico's culture is a vibrant blend of Taíno, African, and Spanish influences. From the colorful arts and crafts to the lively music and traditional festivals, the island's cultural fusion extends to almost every aspect of life in Puerto Rico. Throughout the year, Puerto Rico is host to a variety of exciting cultural events, such as the Fiestas de la Calle San Sebastián, which celebrates the end of Christmas, and the Puerto Rico Heineken JazzFest, which brings together international Latin jazz stars in the spring.